Partly inspired by Gel of Emerald Eyes with her Tuesday Afternoon Tunes and partly by GPP Street Team's archive prompt of Playlists, I decided that I will post playlists on a random and occasional basis, usually on this blog, sometimes over on Crafty Green Poet. Today I was thinking of the best bands I have seen live. The bands that give the most memorable performances, the concerts with the best atmosphere, the gigs when you return home thinking 'that was awesome!'.
1. Cruxshadows. Live they are truly fabulous. They really put loads of effort into their concerts and both the lead singer and the violinist wander through the audience, most of whom are devoted fans.
2. Indigo Girls. In terms of sitting down to listen to music, Indigo Girls are at the top of my list. I've seen them in concert three times (it would be more except they don't come over here very often!) and there's always a great atmosphere and good audience sing alongs.
3. Dead Kennedy's. The new lead singer was obviously a fan of theirs previously and looks totally awestruck to be on stage with them, which is really sweet. They totally rock.
4. Screaming Banshee Aircrew. Like the Cruxshadows their lead singer wanders round the audience. Great concerts.
5. Dream Disciples - partly I say this because the concert we saw was at a goth Christmas event and was my introduction to world of goth clubbing. It was a fabulous night and I've not stopped dancing since!