Sunday, November 25, 2007

Screaming Banshee Aircrew and Rome Burns in Concert

We've seen Screaming Banshee Aircrew live twice before. They've been described as electro punk but there's a lot of goth rock in there too. I never sit down at home and listen to their music, but their gigs are amongst the best I've been to. Last night was no exception really, though the set was let down by dodgy sound equipment and perhaps a few too many drinks before taking to the stage? It all descended into chaos, but entertaining, good natured chaos and a good time was certainly had by all.

Rome Burns were the support band. Support band? You must be joking, they were way too good to be a support band, especially in a laid back venue known for shows starting late (they were on stage quite promptly and lots of people didn't get there before they'd finished their set). They sound great (goth rock), look great and gave a very professional performance.

Na asked in the comments on my recent post about how I didn't mis-spend my youth, what were my favourite bands to see live. So for Na, and anyone else who wants to know, here's the link that will tell you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and perhaps a few too many drinks before taking to the stage?

Not so much quantity.. but due to the lack of drink all day, I (inadvisedly) squeezed my normal afternoons worth in the 40 minutes before we went on stage.. which hit me like a tonne of bricks!

My other bandmembers are currently delighting in reminding me of that last thing I said before I took to the stage.. "Oh f*ck... Chris, I can't see!"

Oh well, you live and learn :)
Hope you enjoyed our set anyway?

.. and I agree.. it was a real shame Rome Burns didn't get the audience they deserved.. we were worried ourselves (but people seemed to appear out of the woodwork during the set).

(Ed.. who happened upon your entry from an evil Technorati search)

shadows and clouds said...

wow! technorati does some pretty amazing things, hey?! reminds me of the toothpaste posting from the other week! the gig sounds like fun! and thanks for posting up the link to your favourite concerts. you know, i don't even know of most of them, and i've definitely never heard any of them, which means i now have a good excuse to go try out some new sounds! thanks! have a good monday!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Na - actually a bit scary really, better be careful what I say! Enjoy trying out your new sounds!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Ed - thanks for visiting, it's amazing what Technorati can do! We had a great time on Saturday, thanks!