Thursday, October 27, 2011

NaNoWriMo

I was thinking about an idea for a short story, which was getting quite complicated and then I realised it is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November! So I thought, hey, why not? and signed up. So I'm currently plotting and planning my way to a novel, which will be about climate change in a future independent and fractured Scotland. The aim is to get a 50,000 word first draft completed by the end of November. As someone whose favourite literary forms are haiku and flash fiction this will be a fun challenge! Anyone else signed up for NaNo this year?

1 comment:

HKatz said...

I haven't signed up for it, but now I'm toying with the idea. I also have some character and plots knocking around in my head, so maybe this concrete deadline will be what I need to finally get them down on paper.

Best of luck! Your idea sounds interesting, and I hope to hear that it's going well.