Monday, August 31, 2026

Celebrating Creativity - 35 Years of Supporting Mental Health through Education

World Mental Health Day (10 October) this year also marks 35 years of Outlook, a City of Edinburgh Council service providing free adult education for people who access mental health services. The Celebrating Creativity Exhibition at the Wee Museum of Memory at Ocean Terminal will showcase Outlook students' creative work including pottery, stories, collages and photography. 

I've delivered classes for Outlook for several years now, focusing on creative writing and nature studies. Specifically for this exhibition, I've just finished teaching a course using historical photos of Edinburgh (from the archives of The Living Memory Association) to inspire creative writing. I've been very impressed by the stories the students have written and am looking forward to seeing their work at the exhibition. It will be a very worthwhile exhibition for anyone to pop into while shopping in Ocean Terminal. So do pop along if you can, while you're in Edinburgh. 

I'll write more about this once I've been to the exhibition launch! This is just an advance notice so that you can put the dates in your diary.  

Celebrating Creativity, 10.30 - 4.30, 11th - 20th October at the Wee Museum of Memory, Exhibition Space 2, on the first floor of Ocean Terminal, next to a well known coffee outlet.   

No comments: