Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reading Challenges Update

I've now also signed up for the Haruki Murakami Reading Challenge, which actually shouldn't be too much of a challenge for me as I have recently read at least one book by Murakami every year and I have three of his books as yet unread on my bookshelves, so....

If you want to join in you can find out more here.

Meanwhile, Sandy commented on my post about the Italy in Books Challenge that he would struggle to find enough books set in Italy. So here are some recommendations:

Any book by Alessandro Barrico or Italo Calvino that is set in Italy
The Floating Book by Michelle Lovric
The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco
The Tuscan Master by Peter Adamson
The Igauna by Anna Maria Ortese
Cooking with Fermat Branca by James Hamilton Paterson
Il Vizio dell'Agnello by Andrea Pinketts (though I don't know whether this has been translated into English)

2 comments:

@parridhlantern said...

Ocean Sea by Barrico is a really good book, loved it,& pretty much amything by Calvino & Eco. the rest don't know, will have to change that.

Sandy's witterings said...

I'm actually quite a slow reader (between work and playing tunes and other sorts of things I get through a couple a month) so there's little hope of me getting through 3 reading challenges. Even so, I'm full of little slightly less ambitious challenges for me to read next year and I think I should definately track down a couple of Italian books.